Greenfield Athletics

  • Section A: Parks Athletic/Sporting Programs
  • Section B: Parent ran Athletic/Sporting Programs
  • Section C: Frequently Asked Questions?
  • Section D: Frequently Requested Phone Numbers
Section A
What Athletic/Sporting programs do Greenfield Parks and Recreation manage?
*Gymnastics - ages Toddler - 12 years of age
*Archery - Youth and Adult
*Indoor Driving Range/Net
*Tennis Lessons - 8-13 & 14 & up, Beginner Level Instruction
*Instructional Sport Programs for ages 3-5
*Pee Wee Soccer
*Pee Wee Football
*Pee Wee Tee Ball
*Swim Lessons - Youth and Adult
*Badminton - Adults
*Volleyball-Open Play - Adults
*ASA Slow Pitch Softball - ages 16 and up,
*Horseshoe Leagues - Adults
*Billiard Leagues - Adults
*3 on 3 Basketball Leagues - Adults
*Open Basketball - Adults
*Kickball Leagues - Adults
Please call Greenfield Parks and Recreation to receive more information on the items listed above - (317) 477-4340
Section B
What Athletic/Sporting programs are run by Parent ran Organizations?  These are Programs that are in a Cooperative Effort with Greenfield Parks and Recreation.
 * Girls Fast Pitch Softball (GFSA) 

The GFSA offers leagues for girls ages 8-16. For additional information, visit the league web site at:
Registration forms are available on the GFSA web site.
Tee-ball (co-ed), 6U, 8 U, 10U, 12U, 14U leagues

 * Greenfield Area Soccer Club (GASC)

The GASC is the governing body for the Greenfield Area Soccer Club and the Strikers. GASC organizes Coed recreational leagues for adults and ages 3-14-plus girl's leagues for ages 8-14. The SFC offers travel team play, sanctioned by the USYSA, for boys and girls ages 9-18. Register on the soccer club website. -
(317) 620-1057


 * Greenfield Youth Baseball Association (GYBA)
The GYBA offers Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth Leagues for
boys, ages 7-16. For additional information, call Mike Hubert
at (317) 695-9262 or visit their web site at: - Weather Hotline (317) 477-1591
 Greenfield Youth Football League (GYFL)
Angie Dorman -
Jason Gardner - - (317) 716-9756
Mandi Cobb - - (317) 498-4854
Please refer to each leagues' contact information if you have questions!
Section C
Frequently Asked Questions:

Doesn't the Parks Department handle registration and run the league(s)?
In years past, Greenfield Parks Department used to handle most everything concerning any Athletic League in Greenfield. Today, things are much different.
All of the local Youth Sport Leagues are Parent ran organizations. Parent Volunteers handle every aspect of each league. We help them with meeting space, flyers, etc.

When do these leagues start?
Most of the Parent ran Leagues (soccer, baseball, football) do a fantastic job of taking their own registrations and you would need to utilize the contact information to find out more information.
All of them have a web site that gives you all of the information that you will need.

What is a Cooperative Effort?
Greenfield Parks and Recreation is in a Cooperative Effort with all of these Youth Sport Leagues and other like minded organizations. We provide the Leagues with fields, courts, buildings, etc. In return, they do everything else and provide their particular sport to the residents of Greenfield. We are very fortunate to have them and we enjoy working with them.


Section D
Frequently Requested Phone Numbers:
Greenfield Senior Center - (317) 477-4343
Meals On Wheels - (317) 477-4345
Riley Pool - (317) 477-4348
Chapel In the Park - (317) 462-0631 - the Historical Society manages this, not Parks
Boys & Girls Club of Hancock County - (317) 462-2404
Hancock County Fairgrounds - (317) 462-1113

Chamber of Commerce - (317) 477-4188

.PMLB logo 1 inch 72dpi

Donate to the Parks Endowment

Support quality parks/recreation services and facilities. Help us with citizen recreation and leisure pursuits. Please earmark contributions to the Parks Endowment.

Click HERE to donate.

Donate to the Thornwood Endowment

Support Thornwood Preserve so that it will be protected and kept in its natural state for the enjoyment of future generations to come. Please earmark contributions to the Thornwood Endowment

Click HERE to donate.

Contact Parks

Address: Patricia Elmore Center
280 North Apple Street

Greenfield, IN 46140
Telephone: 317-477-4340
Fax: 317-477-4341
Information: EMERGENCIES - 317-325-1464
.PMLB logo 1 inch 72dpi